About Mr Morritt
Mr Morritt was awarded the FRCS (Plast) qualification after completing 6 years of plastic surgery & cosmetic surgery training. He trained at the plastic surgery units in Sheffield, Nottingham, Leicester and Leeds. In addition to the standard experience necessary to become a Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Mr Morritt undertook a further 4 years of specialist training with international experts in London, Toronto and Melbourne. This thorough training enabled him to learn the very latest plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery techniques.
Mr Morritt’s Practice Philosophy – High quality care takes time
Mr Morritt believes that high quality care starts with giving patients sufficient time for all parts of their treatment. Andrew therefore takes time to listen to his patients’ about what they want to achieve from cosmetic surgery. Furthermore, Mr Morritt spends time discussing treatments in detail. Mr Morritt’s patients are given time to consider everything that has been discussed before proceeding with surgery. His patients are not put under pressure by anyone to have surgery. Andrew is happy to meet with patients for further consultations if they have further questions (he does not charge for these additional consultations). Additionally, Mr Morritt allows extra time for all operations and is therefore not under pressure to rush operations as is frequently the case for many cosmetic surgeons.
Mr Morritt’s NHS roles
Consultant Plastic Surgeon – Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trustread more
- Core member Oncoplastic breast surgery MDT
- Mr Morritt regularly performs breast reconstruction (to read more about breast reconstruction: click here)
- Mr Morritt regularly undertakes complex revision breast implant surgery
- Mr Morritt regularly treats patients with breast asymmetry (uneven breast size)
- Mr Morritt and other Plastic surgery/Breast surgery specialists meet every 2 weeks to discuss complex breast surgery cases
- Core member Sarcoma MDT
- Mr Morritt regularly removes sarcoma cancer (to read more about sarcoma: click here)
- Mr Morritt and other specialists in Sarcoma treatment meet every week to discuss sarcoma and other soft tissue lump cases such as lipomas, and schwannomas
- Core member Specialist Skin Cancer MDT (SSMDT)
- Mr Morritt is regularly involved in the treatment of patients with skin cancer (to read more about skin cancer: click here)
Honorary Senior Lecturer – University of Sheffield
Mr Morritt’s Qualifications
- 2012: CCT (Certificate of Completion of Training ) in Plastic Surgery – London
- 2011: FRCS (Plast) – London
- 2007: MD (Doctor of Medicine Degree) – Melbourne, Australia
- 2003: MRCS – London
- 2000: MBChB – Leeds University
Mr Morritt’s plastic surgery & cosmetic surgery training
Mr Morritt trained with many highly regarded surgeons in England, Australia and Canada.read more
- 2013-4: Breast & Head/Neck Microsurgery Fellow, Imperial College, London
- 2012-3: Breast/Microsurgery Fellow, Toronto
- 2011: Interface Fellow in Reconstructive Aesthetic Surgery, Leicester
- 2007-2011: Specialist Registrar in Plastic Surgery, Sheffield/Nottingham/Leicester
- 2005-7: Microsurgery Research Fellow, O’Brien Institute, Melbourne, Australia
- 2005-7: Clinical Fellow in Microsurgery, Melbourne, Australia
- 2003-5: Senior House Officer in Plastic Surgery, Leeds
Mr Morritt has published widely within the scientific literature throughout his career and regularly presents his work internationally at plastic surgery conferences. During his time in Melbourne, Mr Morritt undertook research in tissue engineering at the prestigious O’Brien Institute that resulted in a Medical Doctorate (MD) from the University of Melbourne. His research findings were widely reported in the International news and resulted in multiple prestigious scientific publications and presentations to learned International societies.
Teaching and training
Mr Morritt is actively involved in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate medical students. Andrew is an Honorary Senior Lecturer at the University of Sheffield. Mr Morritt was previously Surgical tutor for the Royal College of Surgeons of England and in this role was heavily involved in running basic surgical training in Sheffield.
Mr Morritt’s Professional membershipsread more
British Association of Plastic, Aesthetic & Reconstructive Surgeons (BAPRAS) – Full member
British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS) – Full member
Royal College of Surgeons of England – Full member
British Medical Association – Full member
Mr Morritt enjoys raising money for charitable causes.
Meet Mr Morritt
Mr Morritt regularly participates in cosmetic surgery education events for both the Claremont Private & BMI Thornbury private hospitals in Sheffield. These events are a good opportunity for patients interested in cosmetic surgery to find out more about the various treatments that we offer.
To book a consultation with Mr Morritt – click here